Your Electric Bike Maintenance Service
Whether you are looking to book a Maintenance Service or just to learn about what actions to take to extend the life of your e-bike, you are in the right place.
If you are a current YourE-Bike customer who have purchased an electric bike from us and have cycled around 300 miles, you may be eligible for a maintenance service on us - please contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.
We have partnered up with Cycle Tech UK to provide our customers with a flexible and professional e-bike maintenance service delivered to your door by the UK's Largest Network of Independent Mobile Bicycle Repair Specialists, established since 2007.
If you are just looking for some tips on how best to take care of your electric bike, these are below.
How to care for your e-bike:
- When you purchase your electric bike, read the manual carefully, especially your care instructions. Manuals will have the very specific guidelines for each bike and will provide tips on how to best care for your e-bike and what to do if you have any issues.
- Keep your e-bike protected, store it indoors such as in a garage or shed. Avoid leaving it outdoors allowing all sort of weather conditions to affect the parts and framework.
- It is very important to keep your ebike clean. Don't let the dirt sit on the wheels, chain, motor and any other parts for too long. If possible clean regularly after each ride or couple of rides (depending on the weather conditions and roads you are cycling on).
- When cleaning, use special brushes and cloths and avoid high pressure water hoses or similar, as this may cause damage to some important parts long term.
- Make sure your chain is lubricated and not dry; there are a variety of products available.
- If you are using bike cleaning products which are especially intend to keep your bike shiny and looking like new, be careful not to use these products on your brake plates or on any brake parts.
- Don't attempt repairing an e-bike motor or battery unless you are a qualified technician. You could cause yourself harm and damage the e-bike. Ask your dealer for advice or book a professional to inspect and repair it. Some parts may still be under warranty or replaceable, but if you cause further damage by trying to fix it yourself, you may not be able to get the support or solution you need.
If you have any questions or would like to book a professional service - please do let us know HERE.